Gift Guide 2020: The Perfect Ideas for the Fitness Lovers in Your Life
Well, 2020 certainly wasn’t what any of us anticipated, to put it lightly. On top of that, we are about to enter one of the strangest holiday seasons of all time. What used to be a time we all looked forward to that was filled with holiday parties, family get-togethers, and questionable amounts of eggnog has now turned into sheltering in place and way too many Zoom hangouts.
As of now, we can’t promise you that 2021 will be any better (I know, I wish I had better news), but we can try to spark a little joy in your lives by creating an Instagram poll so you could dish about your favorite fitness gift ideas—whether you’re working out at-home, indoors—wherever.
So, without further ado, here is our 2020 Gift Guide for Fitness Lovers:
For the “all I feel is rage at this point” person...
- Gift them an endorphin boosting virtual HIIT class.
- Give them new boxing gloves to help them take their aggression out in a virtual kickboxing class (and hopefully not on their roommate they’ve been cooped up with for a year.
- Give them a phone call or chat with them on zoom and let them rant. Sometimes the best gift is just you listening.
Hey...odds are we’re all feeling a little rage-tastic at this point. So why not soften the blow that 2020 served us with a gift that helps us take our anger out on inanimate objects like a punching bag—and up our fitness game at the same time?
For the “get me the hell out of my apartment” person
- Get them a new pair of kicks to help them take their trail running game to the next level.
- Gift them with a cycling class at their favorite studio, new cycling gear, or biking accessories if they prefer to ride outdoors.
- Encourage them to explore more trails with a new hiking guide or map or be super unique and make a donation to their favorite national park in their name.
With vacations and even going to the movies put on the back burner for what feels like forever, give that person who is itching to break free from their humble abode a gift that will let them escape this “new normal” for a bit. Even a 30-minute workout class, outdoor run, or hike can be enough to help your friends and family reset and recharge.
For the “I’m just trying to stay calm AF” person:
- Keep them in a state of calm by getting them a new yoga mat and booking them a virtual yoga or meditation class.
- Get them a new pair of yoga pants because let’s be honest—we’re all living in them these days anyway. We love the leggings that solidcore and Barre3 have in their online shops.
- Gift them with calming (and stylish) yoga accessories like these goddess bracelets from Haum.
- Treat them to a day of R&R by booking them a touchless spa treatment like salt therapy or a float tank session.
Even the coolest, calmest, and collected-est person reaches their breaking point. For your pals who have focused on staying calm through this nightmare of a year, encourage them to keep up the good work by giving them the gift of self-care. Anything from a yoga class to a new spa treatment to aromatherapy can help them stay in a blissful state-of-mind.
For the “I became a couch potato during quarantine” person:
- Book a fun, virtual workout class for you and your virtual workout buddy. Do you usually opt for yoga? Try something new and check out virtual barre. No equipment? No problem! Barre3’s online shop has everything you need to get started.
- New weights so they can lift while they binge-watch Hallmark holiday movies.
- A foam roller—because those first few workout sessions will definitely make them sore.
We are all guilty of watching one too many Netflix series this year—but that doesn’t mean the solution to that is canceling our subscription. I would never suggest that. Instead, we can all ease back into our workout routines by switching things up and working out together or simply working out while we catch up on The Bachelorette or whatever you’re into at the moment.
For the “I already have everything I need” person:
- They can’t possibly have enough wine, so that’s always a great gift. (Seriously, you guys all said that wine has helped you get through quarantine, and I’m not going to argue with you on that.)
- A gift card to their favorite fitness studio so they can book virtual classes with them right now or save it for in-person classes later.
- Any equipment to help them finish stocking their at-home gym. We love the “On-the-Go Packs” from McAlister Training that are chock-full of fitness goodies like resistance bands, mini bands, a foam roller, and more!
Just because the holidays look a little different this year, doesn’t mean we don’t have anything to look forward to. By giving your friend (and maybe even yourself) a gift from this fitness guide, you can begin 2021 on a strong note. And hey—if fitness just isn’t your thing at the moment, that’s totally okay! We have also put together a gift guide for folks who are focusing on relaxation, rejuvenation, and renewal.