Don’t let carbs kill your diet during the big game.
Download the app
Fitness memberships, workout classes, wellness services, beauty appointments and more.
Are candy boxes and gooey desserts haunting your healthy eating routine? If you’re looking to indulge in a sweet treat but don’t want all that extra sugar from the store, we’ve got two tasty recipes from Sun & Swell Foods that will satisfy your sweet tooth!
Chocolate and almonds—what could be better a better combo? If you’re looking for an easy-to-make sweet and savory dessert, this is your *tasty* answer.
1 ½ cups of almond butter
½ cup of coconut oil (melted)
¼ cup of raw honey (optional for added sweetness)
Chocolate filling of choice (we use our Double Cacao Clean Cookies)
- In a mixing bowl, stir together almond butter, coconut oil, and honey (optional) until smooth.
- Pour half of the mixture into the bottom layer of a dozen paper baking cups. Place in freezer until firm, roughly 15 minutes.
- Remove from freezer, and pour filling of choice (we used Double Cacao Clean Cookies!) to fill the cups three-quarters full; -cover with remaining mixture.
- Place back into the freezer until solid. Enjoy!
With just three ingredients, this decadent treat will tantalize every taste bud. Plus, you can easily customize this recipe by adding in the toppings you love.
- 175g (6 ounces) pitted dates
- 175g (6 ounces) almond meal
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- Toppings of your choice - our favorites are cacao, espresso, pistachio, and shredded coconut
- Fill mixing bowl with lukewarm water and soak dates for about one hour or until soft. Drain water.
- Add dates to food processor and process until dates are finely chopped. Mix in almond meal and cacao and pulse until a doughy consistency is achieved.
- On parchment paper, roll into truffle sized balls then coat with the desired topping of your choice. Store in airtight container and enjoy!
Featuring clean and simple snacks, Sun & Swell Foods offers 100% vegan and organic treats that you can take wherever you go!
Approximately 12,000 women aged 40 or younger are diagnosed with breast cancer every year*. Fortunately, there are preventative steps that we can take to help protect ourselves and each other—one of the best ones being exercise. That’s right. Not only does exercise help us release endorphins, but just 30 minutes of exercise three to four times per week can help decrease a person’s risk of developing breast cancer by 30–50%*.
This is hope in a statistic. Just by adopting a more healthy, active lifestyle, we could prevent the risk of developing breast cancer, while also inspiring others to reduce their risk as well. Keep A Breast Foundation has made doing just this their mission through their annual fundraising campaign, Fit 4 Prevention.
Every October, studios from all over the globe participate by raising money through donation-based workout classes for the Keep A Breast Foundation (KAB). They have created a national movement dedicated to educating others about breast cancer prevention through fitness and wellness—something Mindbody is extremely passionate about. Participating in your favorite activities, all while supporting, preventing, and spreading awareness about breast cancer awareness? Let’s get moving.
If you want to take a donation-based class at your favorite studio, encourage your favorite studios to sign up to bring your community closer together in a meaningful way. Registering is quick and easy. If you think your local studio may be interested in participating, have them check out KAB’s help page—where they can learn how to register for a donation-based class during the month of October. KAB even has a social media kit available to fitness studios to help them promote their donation-based classes.
Can’t find a local studio to take a donation-based class near you? Don’t worry, you can still give your support by donating directly to KAB’s website. Luckily, any time that you are moving your body and spreading the word—you’re doing your part in spreading awareness on how to help prevent breast cancer. That is beyond amazing.
This October, we hope you’ll join us in our plight to support the KAB Foundation and its mission to help prevent breast cancer through cultivating a healthier, more active lifestyle. Through movement, health, and wellness—we can reach great heights, together.
To learn more about the KAB Foundation and its mission and how you can get involved further, visit their website.
* National Cancer Institute